[Solved] Reidea KM06 Backlight improvement  

I have the KM06 keyboard and right now I am quite happy with it. But I'm semi-happy with the backlight. The keycaps are not fully lit, even though all symbols are transparent.

As I read, many mechanical boards have these problems, especially the cherry mx switches and their clones, because the LED is on the top edge of the switch and yimply doesn't reach the lower part of the keycap.

Is there any known technique or additional tuning part that will improve to light up the whole keycap?

Thank you, yes, most of mechanical keyboards have this problem, we will launch KM07 Gaming keyboard with full backlight on May 30, the main panel of KM07 also have RGB Lights, we will send one to you for free when it available. ūüôā

Well, I am a bit lost of words to this. That is not the answer I was expecting. ūüėČ

I am really thankful for this opportunity and really excited to see the new model!

Can you already tell which switches will be used? Will it be available in different international layouts?

Hi, KM07 come with blue switches, there is an audio port and a USB port at the right side of the keyboard, and we will lauch 5 layout/versions(US, UK, FR, DE, JP). I just attached the photo of beta version.

By the way, could you update your shipping address in your REIDEA account?
https://www.ireidea.com/account/shipping/
Best Regards,
Sunny:-)

Thanks for the update and the additional details! I am curious how the blue switches will feel like.

Well, the design very different from the plain and simple KM06. I wasn't expecting this. Thanks for the picture! Will the font be changed for the DE layout? Because I also found pics of the KM06 with this "spacey" font, but what I got was a "neutral" one (which I really like).

As requested, I updated my shipping address.

Best Regards,

Jörg

Yes, the font will be changed for the DE layout, and the font of KM07 and KM06 are same:-)

By the way, as the top area of the mechanical switches are red or blue, the light will be decreased when they through the switch, we found a solution for the backlight issue: "Increase the power of LED light".
We thought other solutions will cause bad experience:

• Use full transparent keycaps (It looks very bad)
  • Full¬†transparent pop switch (Touch feeling is normal, although some seller advertised that the pop switch have a "Mechanical Feeling")

Nice!

Looking forward to see and feel the difference!

Working

Please Login or Register

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •